Building Effective Leadership to Strengthen Your Organization
One thing is certain – if your leadership and structure are ineffective, your organization is too. Let’s change that!
With extensive experience from serving in every aspect of the nonprofit sector, both as a volunteer and a staff leader, I can assess your organization and develop solutions and/or training to transform it from dysfunctional to highly effective.
I can help your board:
- Understand its role and responsibilities
- Develop a culture of inquiry and discussion that leads to shared and sound decision making
- Know the difference between oversight and micro-management
- Embrace continuous learning, self-assessment and renewal
- Assess its needs in relation to the pursuit of your mission
- Determine what work should be done and how
- Establish appropriate structure and work groups
- Deal with the nitty-gritty – meeting management, Form 990, understanding financial statements
And let’s not forget the executive director and other staff
- Executive director training and mentoring
- Strengthening board/staff relationships
- Best practices in nonprofit management